NO TOPIC NEEDED
Good morning Lord. What topic should I write about today?
Dear child, how about “No Topic.” There does not always have to be a “topic” for our conversations. Can you just come and sit with me?
Yes, Lord. My heavenly Father. Our should I write to Jesus Christ today? Or, to the Holy Spirit?
We are one, my son, not something you can understand right now, but you will someday, when you are with us in Heaven.
Well, just from a practical perspective, who should I pray to?
How did Jesus teach you to pray?
“Our Father, who is in Heaven, Holy, Holy, Holy is your Blessed Name, the Name that is above all Names.”
I am your Father, and you are my child, and I love you dearly.
Yes, you do, and you have re-parented me. You have been the perfect Father. My earthly father was a good man, but he was someone I did not have a lot in common with, and I never had much intimacy with him. It caused me to see you as someone distant and far away. Growing up, I thought that I could not have a very intimate, deep, transparent relationship with you. You were just so big, and I was so insignificant.
And now? How do you feel about me now?
Well now I feel like I can come into your presence in a real, authentic, and genuine way. I can come to you as I am, with all my faults and failures. And i can receive love. Total love.
In pure love, there is a complete absence of judgement. There is total safety. There is perfect peace. My love for you is healing to your soul. Just being with me is enough for you. You don’t need a “topic” to write about. Remember the reason for these times of prayer and meditation every day with me. The purpose is to build a stronger relationship. Not to give you a “topic” for your daily blog.
Well, yes, but it is also to give an example for others to follow. Yes?
Just the fact that you are posting something every day is enough. Focus on me, and your relationship with me. The blog will write itself. My Holy Spirit will control your output.
Yes, but I want to have your “input” to get to the right “output.”
OK, so what do you think about today’s “output” so far?
Personally, I think it is boring. I don’t think my readers want to see a transcript of a conversation that meanders and does not go somewhere.
Is that what you want? Output? Content? Something meaningful for others?
Yes. I am blessed already by you. I know that I am loved by you. I have full assurance that I will spend eternity with you, and it will be just a matter of a little time and I will be with you, in Heaven.
This is true. You will be with me soon. But before I take you home, you have work to do for me.
Yes, I do, and I want to be used by you. I want “Daniel” to disappear, and only “Christ” to live. I want to be fully surrendered to you. I want you to shape me into the servant that you want and need here, and I want the courage to follow all that you want.
“I want…”; your mind is filled with “I wants.” What you want will get you in trouble. You have gotten what you wanted in life far too often. Your focus needs to be on what your heavenly Father wants.
Yes, Father. Of course you are right. There is too much “I wants” in me. Please take them away. Leave me only with “My Father Wants.”
Your Father wants you. Just you. Without you “doing” anything for me. Without a “topic”, and without an agenda for our meeting. I just want you, Daniel, here with me. That is what I want.
Well, you have me. Just like that. I have no “topic” for today’s blog. Except “NO TOPIC.” That is funny. My “No Topic” topic for today is this: Your heavenly Father just wants us. He does not need us to “do” anything. He wants to sit with us, and us with Him. He wants us to bask in His Holy Presence.
All: Today, this blog emphasizes the importance of an intimate and personal relationship with God, free from a desire for ‘outputs’ or ‘topics’. It is about coming to God without an agenda and just being in His presence. Here are some scriptures from the Bible that support this:
1. Building Relationship with God
James 4:8 NIV
”Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”
Sitting in our Heavenly Father’s presence is greatly valued by Him.
2. Praying as Jesus Taught Matthew 6:9-13 NIV “This, then, is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’” This is how Jesus taught us to pray, and will all need to be re-parented, for all of us have had less than perfect human parents, no matter great of a Christ-follower they were.
3. God’s Love and Being Judgement Free 1 John 4:16 NIV ”And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.” This scripture aligns with the section in the blog about receiving love and how in pure love there is an absence of judgement.
4. Being in God’s Presence Psalm 16:11 NIV ”You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” This scripture reflects the idea in the blog that just being in God’s presence is healing and fulfilling.
5. Focus on What God Wants, Not Our Own Desires Matthew 6:33 NIV ”But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” This scripture supports the blog’s emphasis on focusing on what God wants rather than our own desires.
6. God as Our Father Who Desires Us Romans 8:15 NIV ”The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”” This scripture reflects the blog’s content about God being our Father who loves us and desires a relationship with us.
7. Enjoy Being in Our Heavenly Father’s Presence
Psalm 28:7 NIV
“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”
Your aspiring (“topic-less) servant,
5 July 2023
POSTSCRIPT: Dear friends, if this daily, transparent conversation with God blesses you, please go to www.SOLIDpastors.org, where you will find these posted, and a repository of all, in English and Spanish. If you ever want to chat, you can reach me at Daniel@SOLIDpastors.org. May Christ bless you richly as you have your own intimate, daily Conversations with Christ.